Harry often serves as lead counsel in a variety of complex litigation in bankruptcy courts and other courts involving disputes relating to:
- Preference and other actions brought by debtors and bankruptcy trustees
- Denial of a debtor’s bankruptcy discharge or to block the discharge of a particular debt
- Corporate governance and breaches of fiduciary duty
- Professional malpractice
- Debt collection
- Fraudulent transfers
- Successor liability or alter ego claims
- Property interest disputes, lien disputes
- Contract disputes
- Disputes among business owners
Gutfleish Law is involved in the investigation of fraud committed by debtors and their principals in the areas of:
- Real estate
In one matter, the Federal Bureau of Investigation presented me with a Certificate of Appreciation for “outstanding assistance in a joint investigative effort” leading to the criminal prosecution and conviction of various defendants involved in a real estate Ponzi scheme in New Jersey.
Harry Gutfleish was selected for New Jersey Super Lawyers1 since 2009, and was named in 201 Magazine and New Jersey Monthly as one of Bergen County’s Top Lawyers since 2012.
Harry served as a panelist for seminars sponsored by the Bergen County Bar Association, the Institute of Continuing Legal Education, the New Jersey State Bar Association, and the National Business Institute.
- Basics of chapter 11 bankruptcy practice
- Fraudulent and criminal conduct cases
- Pitfalls of bankruptcy for non-bankruptcy practitioners
- State law liquidation alternatives
- The interplay and tensions between matrimonial and bankruptcy proceedings
- Corporate governance in chapter 11 reorganization cases
- Commercial collection issues